Welcome to AHA
Thank you for being part of our community.
With 30,000 patients, we are proud to play an important role in serving the Seaford community. And we aim to make it as easy as possible for new patients to join us.
Here’s an overview of key information, and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.
Consultations normally last 10-15 minutes however, if you need more time, please discuss this with the receptionist when making your appointment. All medicals, first antenatal visits and minor surgical procedures require special bookings.
Appointments are to be cancelled a minimum of 2 hours prior to the allocated appointment time. Failure to do this will attract a fee.
Provision is made for urgent appointments. If you need urgent assistance please let the receptionist know.
In the case of sudden chest pain or major trauma, dial 000 to request an ambulance.
If your doctor requires you to see a specialist, it is often more convenient for you to make your own appointment direct with the specialist’s rooms. However, if you are unable to arrange this, the receptionist will be happy to assist you.
Please enquire about any necessary referrals to a specialist when consulting with your doctor.
AHA Seaford Road and Seaford Meadows clinics are mixed billing medical practices and no longer bulk bill all patients.
We had to introduce this change from January 2020 because of years of Government freezes to the Medicare rebate and a 30% cut to the bulk billing incentive rebate (from 1 January 2020).
So what does it mean for you?
- If you are 15 and under, or a concession cardholder you will continue to be bulk billed on weekdays between 8am and 6pm;
- For all other patients there will be a co-payment of $20 per consultation;
- For consultations after 6pm Monday to Friday, there will be a co-payment of $25;
- For consultations 8am to 11pm Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays there will be a co-payment of $25;
- You will need to pay the full fee (Medicare and co-payment) at the time of your consultation. The Medicare rebate will be reimbursed into your bank account;
- Consultations for care plans, health assessments, mental health care plans and test results will continue to be bulk billed for all patients.
Note: A small charge may apply for minor surgical procedures. Fees & Charges may change.
Work Cover & Third Party Consults
Work Cover and Third Party Consults and procedures are to be settled in full on the day of your appointment.
If you require any clarification, please ask one of our friendly staff.
As of September 2019, the Australia Health Alliance Clinics will be introducing a fee for wound care.
The costs related to dressings and equipment are NOT covered by Medicare and we can no longer afford to cover the total costs. We are therefore introducing a payment for all wound care appointments of $10.
It is asked that patients pay the full amount on the day treatment is received by your doctor.
Fees will be discussed at the time of consult.
AHA will continue to bulk bill patients for standard consultations.
Click on one of the below to view the document:
If you want to come prepared you can download the registration form, fill it out and bring it along to your first appointment.